Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, 22 November 2012


I remember when I fully embraced the cassette tape.  I transferred all my records and reel-to-reel albums to cassettes (carefully labeling each one in microscopic print).  Then began the novel concept of being able to actually record stuff off the radio, which I performed obsessively.  I recall being pissed when the DJs talked over the tracks, contaminating my recordings. I think the first time I dropped the F bomb was when Rick Dees blabbed over the first 30 seconds of Tommy Shaw's "Girls with Guns", a song I'd waited to record for an excruciatingly long time.

Now I can get any song I want with the click of a button.  It almost takes the fun out of it. It's an embarrassment of riches.

Anyway, it's always fun to reminisce and look back on the prehistoric days of audio equipment.  Many of you who have known only the iPod will not recall having to buy phonograph cartridges and cassette tape head cleaners.  Those who do remember, will perhaps enjoy this quick walk down memory lane.














0 comments:

Post a Comment