Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, 3 May 2012


There's a certain feeling you get when you are abruptly confronted with a memory that you haven't thought about for a long, long time.   Certain things get lost to the deep recesses of the brain - they were either too brief or benign to warrant keeping a handle on.  These thoughts, smells, or images aren't necessarily eradicated, just buried under an ever growing sediment of new memories...... and then, out of nowhere, a trigger comes along and plucks it free.

Such is the case with the cartoon advertisement above. I can honestly say I haven't had a second thought about Pandemonium and Meatballs & Spaghetti since they went off the air.... and yet here they are in my face once again. They were pretty horrible cartoons, so I'm not sure I'm grateful for the recollection.



One recollection I am grateful for, however, are those wonderful Saturday mornings.  Unlike today, where children's cartoons literally play all day long seven days a week.... on multiple channels.  It's hard to imagine that, once upon a time, there were just a few hours a week on TV that were reserved for kids. For those brief moments, it was just you in your footie pajamas, a bowl of Count Chocula, and Speed Buggy. It simply didn't get much better than that.


Well, that's the end of my 'extensive' collection (I really need to hit the scanner). Thankfully, there's more ads out there from like-minded preservationists....

The last two via JPox



0 comments:

Post a Comment